polyester embassy the band that i always give me thrill

This is my introduction about polyester embassy

i've known this band since, my 2nd grade at high school. it was 2006 all of sudden my mom, take me to bandung to visit my grandma, and my sister in architecture itb. we took a train to get there. and when i arrive, i met my sister and she said there will be a music session at itb, "hey bro, there will be homogenic at itb". and so i decided to go there with my sister, and i sent my friend ciwi messages and tell her that i was going to watch homogenic, homogenic is one of ciwi's favourite band, she could cry everytime she watch them,

"Orange is Yellow"

and so i arrive at itb, and the show was begin already, there were, anne marrie, jelly belly, olive tree, vincent vega, (i don't know these band before i attend this gig) and yeah there was polyester embassy, on the stage, they play several songs, their sounds so dark, so deep, and giving me a travelling in mind experience, and of course they made me thrill, i never had such an experience like that. and then i keep that name polyester embassy in my head, after polyester embassy, there was vincent vega, but i was really tired from a long travelling, and standing while i watch the band, so i decided to head home, and i didn't watch homogenic.

"faded blur"

next day i tried to find their material, maybe in the nearest distro shop, but i didn't i find, well all i can find is jelly belly's ep, in a cassette, and i bought it, and then go back to jakarta again.. i still can't find, their material. i lost their tracks,


"good feeling"

and then after i tell these story to ciwi, ciwi remembered, that her friend desonk, gave a lot of mp3 files in a lot of cds, hail to nero!...... and yeah there was polyester embassy in it.!! wohoo.. i'm very happy... and listen to their demos, there were 5 demos, polypanic rooms, blue flashing light, orange is yellow, good feeling, and patterns. i really enjoy their songs,, still giving me thrill.

"blue flashing light"

since then i made a myspace account and always check their myspace page... and i join their community forum at yahoo groups.and until i got the news there will be their first album launching at aacc bandung. on sunday, then i decided to go there a day and head back to jakarta ... their launching is so fascinating. i bought their albums, and i didn't buy the t-shirt and i really regret it... it was sold out.. because i don't have much money that time. but still... their album was so great,,,

"the answer is no"

since their launching, it's been a long time that i didn't watch their show, because they always held their show in bandung.. and i couldn't do that easily.. and yeah.. they don't have a gig in jakarta yet.. sometimes they have it,, but really rare, seems like jakarta didn't like them. .

"you'll be gone"

as time goes by... i make friends with them, especially the bassist, his name is tomo/tomson and the vocalist, his name is elang/eby. polyester members are all working beside this band, tomo is a lawyer, and elang that time currently working at one of a clothing company in bandung. they both very nice, very welcome to me and the others, although our age are different away.. so i know many things from them, this band have toured to malaysia, and several places in java.

"ruins"

it is a real pleasure to know them as a band, as a friend, i really love to share this band to my friends, but they are not really into it. i don't know why, they just don't understand the beautifulnes of their songs, well... yeah.. maybe i liked them to much.. maybe i could be their die hard fans, i could go travel bandung-jakarta without telling me mom or dad,watch their show in jakarta , and go back to bandung at about 2am at monday, and i had a class, and assignments but i didn't do it.. hahah.. and yeah after that, the assignments killed me

"polypanic rooms"

it's very often since i moved to bandung, their show schedule, is not match with my schedule, so watch them not that much, even we live in the same city, it makes me feel sad a bit, but everytime they had a show, tomo always sent me messages and ask me to come, so i really try to come evrytime a i had a time.

"home"

well, polyester embassy, is one of my inspiration to have a band, they are the reason why, i made alphalpha with yudish, i see polyester embassy, as a friend, as a great band, and hopefully someday we're on the same stage,

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts