Recording session with Jodi In The morning Glory Parade Day one

Before we do the recording session. We rehearse at smooth studio sulanjana
And then we moved to aru studio at jalan riau.

The first thing we did is record the guide. So jodi the founder of this band record the acoustic guitar guide and the vocal guide. After that I need to take the drums. Oh it’s kinda hard because I need to follow the guide and the metronome. the metronome makes me paranoid successfully.. damn this is my first time to record a song as a drummer.. and yeah.. it’s quite great experience to me. Nervous nervous nervous. Well I bring my pocari sweat in so.. I can drink when I want to.. oh yeah.. the operator in this recording named rully. He gave me much advice bout the drumming.. yeah.. newbie like me need that a lot.. kinda stressful thou.. I didn’t count how many times I do the take for the drum. Until we got the right one. Well it took about an hour to take the drum, and then ciwi do the bass playing, well we all know that she’s the skillful one. Hahaha.. yeah.. she only did two takes and and a little bit revision and yeah she’s done. next is jodi retake the acoustic guitar for a better sound. so he play the guitar not using the cable but using microphone. he thinks it sounds better. and then the lead guitarist sahid. record several nice melodies on the the lead. the song is very fun. and than before we take the vocal. chita the keyboardist needs to record the grip and tiny melodies to make the song sweeter. and yeah. it does.
ciwi on the bass

sahid on lead guitar

Jodi vocal and acoustic guitar

chita on keyboard and mas rully as the operator
meself on drums


and than of course Jodi as the vocalist record his voice. jodi has a unique voice. first start it is a little bit hard. yeah. everybody is nervous here. especially for jodi because it's his song. and it is his work. he needs to sing it right. after he has done the job. ciwi and i took the backing vocal. after we took the backing vocal. we did some clap for the song. it's fun actually. you should try it .. ahaha.. after all this stuff.. the song is done.. but it isn't mixed yet..

well we have done our first song called "time".. there are still 3 days to go.. and 3 songs to go...

ah excited.. but nervous.. haha check his myspace here

Comments

  1. skillful one preeettttt~ bass gue kan cemen main patternnya, rald. kaga kayak elu, (lafalkan dgn cepat! ini bunyi fill in) taka dugu taka dugu, gitu. xixixi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts